Pleasant Hill Shaker Village-2016
Pleasant Hill is the site of a Shaker community that was active from 1805 until 1910. there are 34 original 19th century buildings on 3000 acres of land. It is indeed a “pleasant hill”. The restoration of these buildings was done in 1961 under the direction of James Lowry Cogar who was the man hired by John D. Rockefeller to be the first curator of Colonial Williamsburg. The property abuts the Kentucky River.